Fort Benning, GA Image 1
    Fort Benning, GA Image 2

    Fort Benning, GA Housing and Relocation Information

    Housing Information
    The military provides two options for the use of your BAH. Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH)
    The first option is living on post. Your second option is using your BAH to rent or buy a home off post. We provide you with military friendly information to help you maximize your BAH.

    On Post Housing
    • Fort Benning housing is privatized and operated by The Villages of Benning (888) 880-6530. The Villages of Benning offers a wide variety of floor plans. Their community amenities include: game rooms, fitness centers, pools, splash parks, playgrounds and basketball courts. Renting on post housing can include wait times and accommodations may not be available.

    Off Post Housing
    For those who are not ready to buy a home, and are looking to rent, check our database for available listings in the Fort Benning area. 
    Click here for Single Family Rentals.
    Click here for Apartments for Rent.

    Buy A House 
    Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
    Click here to view Homes For Sale in the area
    Clich here for a list o fPreferred Lenders

    Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations

    Surrounding areas
    Columbus is a city of about 200,000 people, one of the most populated in Georgia. On average, the commute in the area is about 20 minutes; there are several communities in Chattahoochee and Muscogee Counties nearby which include Midland, Georgia, and Phenix City and Ladonia, Alabama. Atlanta, Georgia, is about 2 hours north of post.

    About Fort Benning
    Fort Benning is located near Columbus, Georgia, with a community of about 250,000 residents. Fort Benning's mission is to be a power projection platform and deploy troops by air, highway, and rail. Units assigned to the base include the United States Army Infantry School, the United States Army Armor School, and the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Corporation. For more information click here.